Saturday, 15 September 2012

LFW: Day One

So, because of financial issues (im a poor student) I have been unable to attend fashion week this season. This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't of been invited to a fair few shows and asked to work at one.  But I shall take this in my stride and continue to update you with the highlights of each day! Thanks to the miracle that is the internet. I noticed that pattern is a favourite of all the designers this season, especially within Co-ords. Sass&Bide, PPQ and Kinder Aggugini all showed this on the catwalk. Hem lines seem to have gotten a lot shorter this season as well, in contrast to the maxi dress and skirts that we saw last time, it seems as though the short 60's feel is back, PPQ are definitely a fan of this look. I also discovered Bora Asku who id never heard of before, but found I loved the whole collection, a mix of pattern and classic cuts. With shirts and pencil skirts it was all very 'work' but the way they used layering and bright colours gave it a much softer womanly feel. Corrie Nielsen (who was the first person I worked for at fashion week) had a wonderful show with tick lux fabrics and a similar style to Bora Asku. All in all a great day.


Bora Asku




Bora Asku




Sass & Bide




PPQ

Sass & Bide









PPQ


Kinder Aggugini



Kinder Aggugini 







No comments:

Post a Comment